Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Equine Update

So, Nulla has now moved into his new home, into the stables of his new carer, a lovely Sudanese man who trained and rode professionally in Germany and returned to Sudan with seven of his beautiful warm-bloods with him. (So he now has international neighbors, much like myself). It was a big decision to make but once made, has lifted a huge weight of worry from my shoulders.  He is now going into some intense training, focusing on his best talent - jumping. A very wise and dear friend offered me the following advice "...  I always saw him as an eager young horse, who loved being taught things and loved being praised if he did something well. If you choose the career, Nulla will have a strict teacher, but will probably have some years of excellent results and great joy..... I would opt for the local solution - give the Sudanese horse to a Sudanese horseman..." 


And so I am starting to 'let go'. Let go of the idea that I could control the future of this Sudanese horse that I came to love. I know now that I can never do that, for his future is Sudanese, and mine is not. He belongs with this equine community here in this horse-loving country, not being passed on from ex-pat to ex-pat, where he would be loved but perhaps always confused. He will forever be in my heart, no matter how many horses on how many continents I ride. 


No comments:

Post a Comment